Update by user Jul 27, 2018

I was turned down by sba for the third time due to not enough money coming in. I had asked them for a loan to put a small home on my lot so I could rent it out, but they want a sure thing and would not take a chance on me.

Update by user Jul 27, 2018

On Thursday, July 26, I called Lucy, Fema case manager back, saying Catholic Services has not contacted me yet.

Update by user Jul 17, 2018

lUCY, FEMA CASE MANAGER REFERRING ME TO CATHOLIC CHARITIES, I HAVE NO NUMBER, HAVE TO WAIT 1 WK AND IF THEY DON`T CALL ME, CALL LUCY BACK. i WAS DENIED IN OCT WHEN FEMA ERRONEOUSLY CLOSED MY CASE, SAYING I HAD ADEQUATE INS TO COVER LOSS.I PROVED FEMA WRONG 4 TIMES, DOCUMENTED IN FEMA FILE.

I POINTED THIS OUT, SAYING, IF FEMA HAD DONE MORE , I WOULD NOT HAVE COME TO THIS POINT, SIGNING AN ONLINE PERMISSION SLIP FOR SEN. BILL NELSON TO CALL SOMEBODY AND MY FILE ENDS UP ON THIS PERSONS DESK AND I WOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN ANY MORE HELP. OKEECHOBEE CTY, THIS FEMA CASE MANAGER FEMA #407-850-6548 OR 407-850-6400 LUCY. iF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT HOW SHE CAN HELP OKEECHOBEE TO HELP OURSELVES, OR CALL TO GET HELP.

833-476-2372 STVINCENTDEPAUL, HENDRY CTY, ETC. NOT OKEECHOBEE.

Update by user Jul 12, 2018

The StvincentdePaul # I was given does not take care of Okeechobee Cty. I called Lucille, the case manager with Fema and relayed this to her.

I went online and it does not seem like they offer rebuilding help. If I could get a builder on board to build a cbs 900 sq ft home on my lot and rent it out to pay builder, it would help me. I would like to put an aidome home there . I had just taken out a 10k loan out in August 2017 , to fix saggy floors and get a new ac unit.

I was free and clear before this.

I lived in a hoa community that told me my trailer needed painting 1 month after Irma and threatened to put a lien on my property if I did not take care of things, knowing I had no money left. Needless to say, I will never live there again.

Update by user Jul 11, 2018

on 6/9, a case manager from fema called me and said my file had come across her desk and she was e-mailing St.Vincent dePaul disaster aid for help in rebuilding or replacing my trailer. She gave me the number and I left a message as well. Have not heard back yet.

Update by user Jul 02, 2018

The unlicensed contractor, johnny russell perry of russells new beginnings, llc, just got picked up friday night for a defective headlight which led to an arrest warrant in okeechobee cty fl for contracting without a license.

Update by user Jul 02, 2018

I signed an online permission slip for Sen. Bill Nelson to look @ my Fema file. Also called the SBA to be reconsidered after being turned down twice.

Original review posted by user Jun 27, 2018

unlicensed contractor was given check by me for 1k from fema. never did damage report.

have gotten licensed contractor to submit damage report to fema last wk. sw trailer i pd 40k mar 2016 full of mold unfixable. just got turned down again for real property. fema fraud notified about contractor.

do not care. been in system since sept 24 calling every few days. appeal after appeal. fema has my whole life on display, all documentation supplied.

first inspec from fema found between 25 35k damage oct 28. fema sent 2nd inspector feb 13, who said no storm damage. documented complaint in file. everything documented.

i am living with my son and have no resources. i had ins. but had exclusion on wind and water but had to go back and forth several times to prove i never recieved a penny from my ins.

company. so here i go again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fema Disaster Assistance.

Reason of review: file being ignored.

Preferred solution: need debris removed. put house or trailer back on my land..

I liked: Lady who called was nice.

Comments

Minnie Pearl

no help from rebuild florida as my trailer is more than 5 yrs old. The hoa is breathing down my neck.

waiting for estimate on removing trailer. hired landscaping co.

will just leave vacant for a while. i should have had the right insurance and all this could have been avoided.

Minnie Pearl

i will be looking into the freedom of information act, which the government is about to make it harder to access due to such a large number of requests in 2018, why i did not get help starting w/ fema, than catholic charities,etc.

Minnie Pearl

i just got a certified letter from hoa dated dec 28 giving me 10 days to fix mold on home, fix roof, weeds, etc or face legal action. i emailed hoa telling them to pull up on pissedconsumer.com where i have been documenting everything i have been told.

i also emailed my attorney asking her to stop any action they may take.

i will call rebuild florida tomorrow and notify them of hoa threats. i will also fill out a complaint form w/ state of florida governing this hoa.

Minnie Pearl

funny how its easier to get divorced than to get your money back from a crook.

#1620467

putting the lawyer on the spot by asking her if she will give her word to file motions after case is filed , emailing everything and now the DDS is ahead of me when she has had the address he got served at when she threatened to close my file due to no good address. she met me once and the only things i took away from that meeting were, "be prepared to pay" and "oh so you will settle for less".

I had all my evidence with me and I had been referred to her by Florida Senior Legal Services. I sent all my unanswered emails to her head office along w/ my grievance, heard nothing, except i got a phone call from the attorney, so i figured she had been spoken to.

I again called the head office because still no charges had been filed, no help, called and spoke to woman above my attorney and she was even worse and accused me of just being after money. "well, yeah, the guy has 7k of my money since jan and never earned one red cent of it and I'm the one being treated like a criminal." i really am not putting up w/ this.

to Minnie Pearl #1628334

my complaint is on way to the Florida Bar along w/ all my emails mailed today. I will post what happens.

#1619376

i have not heard anything from fema regarding my request for my file. a fema worker who has called a few times from a restricted number finally left a message but did not talk into the phone so that the only thing i could make out was the word fema.

this has happened twice in the past few weeks. rebuild florida has an email from me w my registration number telling them about my hoa. with rebuild florida, if they do help me it is due to the fact i got diagnosed w an advanced case of macular degenerative disease, this past september.

when you first call press 1 for spanish press 2 for creole . 844 833 1010 rebuild florida

Minnie Pearl

the way i found out contractor never submitted a damage report to fema was in feb 2018, when fema told me i had to be online,. they would not be texting me anymore.

that is when i saw what he had sent to fema. on his letterhead he had put a list of upgrades, such as arched doorways, glass backsplash, etc and a total of 32k. nothing itemized, no damage mentioned.no femacorrespondence was enclosed, no registration number listed just my name.

i called femas attention to this. also notified fema fraud in april 2018 when contractor quit on me by text when asked to provide a damage report to fema.

Minnie Pearl

vice president of my hoa just threatened to haul me in front of okeechobee magistrate and fine me 200 a day for lack of action. told Bill to check his facts before threatening me.

fema was no help, catholic services no help now i am registered w rebuild florida , who have told me after 12/21/18 they will look at my trailer. Told bill okeechobee court knows all about this, due to an unlicensed contractor taking my last 7k and did NOTHING.

SO,MR. BILL, DO YOUR FINEST.

Minnie Pearl

catholic services and red cross no help but have referred me to organization called rebuild florida who have accepted my registration and after Dec. 23, will look @ my case.

contractor not charged w unlic contracting so he was not ordered to pay me back my 7k that was given for him to perform a fema damage report that he never did.

i am suing for grand theft and have all my evidence back from state attorney. i have a lawyer i was referred to by fl bar who has not helped at all and i have to send a complaint to Florida Bar which is my next step to get somebody that will do their job.

Minnie Pearl

Catholic services told me I was approved for $2600 to be given to their contractor Tuesday of last week. My hoa tells me my caseworker told them a few weeks ago they were cutting a check.

The hoa was really just being lied to, as I was. I got a call Wednesday from Mr. Riquet Lucien saying I was not getting any help until Red Cross gets a document from fema stating trailer unlivable, even tho they have letter from licensed contractor faxed to fema stating these facts. So I called fema and they are supposed to fax to catholic services who will get it to red cross.

I requested a copy of my fema file again, as my first copy is with the state attorney, who is using as evidence against my unlicensed contractor. ongoing

still waiting. Oct.

5 signed a Disaster Recovery Program Homeowners Repair and Liability Release and Agreement from Catholic Family Services,Mr. Riquet Lucien , who asked me for proof my trailer was destroyed, who had my thick file in front of him. My first case worker got promoted to case manager, after not calling me back and Catholic Family Services telling me they had no record of me. I complained to Senator Nelson by email due to Lucy's phone being disconnected.

I heard today by email from Senator Nelson's office needing me to again sign a permission slip to look @ Fema file which still has not been looked at.Signed already, I say, and said what point I am at. Waiting to get a mold filled

The exact same procedures down here in Punta Gorda Florida Lucy gave me the Royal run around running me over to Catholic Charities Catholic charity said they did not work in my area but they would do me a big favor and come by whenever they could always making it at inconvenient times and I am totally sick my house was totally destroyed by FEMA including numerous giant trees falling on all the vehicles destroying all my property and FEMA has totally denied me and gave me the Royal runaround meanwhile as you said my whole life is in a file somewhere in the government about an inch and a half thick I also went to Bill Nelson and he did nothing for me it's a shame because I trusted him he said FEMA would not help at all even for the tool reimbursement which I was told in the beginning to go ahead and buy tools because it was money to reimburse I just can't wait to see what happens to the people in the Panama City area this is going to be a total joke the government is taking all our funds and is not giving it back to the people where they need it I also was free and clear before this happened I had to borrow money to get tools so I could help myself and no one would have come to my rescue at all I didn't know what to do cuz I'm older and a disabled Widow this is what's wrong with our society they may replace our losses when they should have been helping a simple hand up would have been helpful but instead they just look down on people and document everything they say and do under penalty of perjury by the way which is ridiculous because if you're asking for help you Stephanie not trying to lie to people no one would lower their self to ask for help

to aj #1585419

try Bill Nelson again. Just signed a contract w Catholic Family Services on Oct.

5 , Homeowners repair & Liability Release Agreement. I have had to keep on everyone's fannies. Just emailed Mr. Nelson again about my case being turned down by Fema, in reply to his office asking me to sign a permission slip to look @ files again, which have not been looked at properly yet.

All I am asking CFS to do is haul that trailer off my land. $3700 quote from a contractor who is licensed and insured, but they have to use their own people. I am not quitting.

Going after that unlicensed contractor with a theft by deception case being filed soon. Don't Give Up.

to aj #1601298

also i would request a copy of your fema file. make sure u put the phrase in letter under risk of perjury etc otherwise your letter has to be notarized,.

remember, the agencies involved goal is to make us peons in the cogs of life get sooooo frustrated, we give up. dig in your heels

to aj #1616593

call rebuild florida and get registered.

sept. 10 2018 still waiting for help from catholic charities asking for 3700 for trailer demo and removal. do not give up, patience and persistence will win this race.

to politehorse #1613274

acap attorney consumer assistance program sending me a form to complain of inaction on my third fl bar referred attorney. had this case since june 2018.

i had enough proof for the state attorney to charge party with contracting without a license but his lawyer got him off so i did not get restitution ordered. when i looked up what he did to me, theft by deception came up. yesterday i had to tell the lawyers supervisor about someone else suing this contractor [his dds, for 4k] how did this person get an address to send a letter of intent? she looks up the address and i had to draw attention to emails i sent to attorney mentioning that address when said attorney was telling me she was closing my file due to no contact address.

i saved all my text messages after said contractor quit on me by text april 2018 and kept notes on who i reported him to when. my attorney was not interested in looking at my evidence. i sent all my emails and a complaint to attorneys head office in the past 3 months and followed up yesterday because i had to complain again today. i have the facts documented that he was hired to do a fema damage report and never did anything except take my money.

this contractor is even in the dec 8 issue of lake okeechobee news 2017. community comes together to help veteran.