I submitted for assistance. Declined.

Many frieds and family were approved given cash. All with the same issues. All depends upon who reviews your application.

Bad. Sucks!!!

Review about: Fema Disaster Assistance.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Fema denied me assistance claiming it never received my documents which were uploaded three times on their website and faxed once. The uploads were never reviewed and they entered the fax three days after it was sent making sure they put them in the day after the deadline!!!!! Egregious

#1381960

Feme sucks! They sent a Haitian inspector l could not under stand a word he said,they Denise me ,paid taxes 57 years,please send an American soil can understand him.

Can't believe a Haitian can reside my fate. Screw you fema...

Same here...so upsetting!

I filled out my application 1 day after the storm. I than helped all my co-workers with theirs.

They got calls to approve them for temp housing in hotels with in hours and received assistance checks in 3-7 days, without issue.

I never got an offer for housing and was scheduled for inspection which took 3 weeks.

We lost thousands of dollars in personal items (including my partners oxygen machine) and were without power and water for over two weeks.

The inspector felt terrible and said our losses were far greater than others, but we were promptly declined for ANY assistance.

It all depends on who processes your application. Just heartbreaking.

to Anonymous #1389585

I am a Fema inspector. We have no control over who gets what....I was surprised at this as well. There are restrictions set above and outside of our control.

I hear ya same here what's fema good for??????my friends got cash back this was from Hurricane Irma and we are the worst that was hit without power for a 13 days with a baby and other small children and they didn't give me anything back went through my application and told me to go to a small loans business really??????

to Anonymous #1377093

Same here. Most of the people i know that nothing happen to got $500 plus smh...and people in need with kids did not.