We are pissed at FEMA.Our Condo Development is 24 years old is on Flushing Bay that hasn't had a flood in 234 years.
FEMA a few years ago reassessed the area and took us off the grid as a flood zone. They have never documented any floods in our area and in 2010 changed us back to a flood zone. We believe the Insurance companies complained about their loss of revenue and FEMA reinstated us as a flood zone.Our first bill was $24,000 with additional payments reoccurring $3000 per 11 units yearly (26 bldgs) We are all concerned about unnecessary charges effecting our living expenses.
We have our fair share of foreclosures and families struggling to make ends meet.We all believe these charges are unfair and unwarranted and expect a revue by our state, Federal and local politicians.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Government and Politics
You May Also Like
- "Office of the Board of Police Commissioners. Third floor of Police Headquarters, 300 Congress Street Bridgeport, Connecticut. Re: Second Step Barros Hearing. first I would like to say thank you for having..."
- "HELLO first of all i want to say thank you to our vets who protect us and second of all i do believe that every country needs ..."
- "We have been volunteering for a couple of months and these reports are very true and less harsh than reality! In reality, money being spent is probably 70% for personal..."
- "Howard Tanner Esq Lawyer is totally incompetent. I was scammed out of $10,000 dollars by this sleazy lawyer. I paid him his legal fees, in cash, upfront as requested by..."
- "On May 4, 2012, I bid on and won a Canon Powershot SD4000IS (item # 290703644697 ) for $113 from eBay seller Spital911. I had been looking for one of..."
- "If you are building a website for the first time, then it's likely that you are unaware of everything your website will actually require to be worth anything. I don't know..."
- "I ordered mats for my kitchen from a daily deal. When they came (I like the rugs. They were what I expected) they came postage due for $5.85. There was..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- "After learning the hard way that my kindergarten son's school has never been able to reach me via telephone, Only a recorded msg that the call can not be completed..."