Scholarship, Grants and Programs

Where to start. Im a paramedic and during Rita and Ike they denied my family assistance even though they evacuated and I had to stay behind and work because i was a first responder.

This time, during harvey, I'm still a paramedic but i teach at a local college. So when the water flood our house and when the roads were passable, i got all of us out. That was on a Wednesday. That morning while the water was still in my house I sat in my only dry vehicle and applied on line.

Here it is Monday, and im still having to pay for a hotel out of my own pocket. If i could afford it i wouldnt mind but my total income a month is $2000 net. My house has electricity, as of Sunday, but also has mold on the ceiling and the walls. I have 3 children and a wife with COPD.

My house is not suitable for them to stay in. Here it is 6 days later and im almost out of money and my claim is still pending. Talk to the FEMA reps. next door to the hotel im staying at and they were no help.

They thought i was trying to get reimbursed for what i have already spent. I told them im not, i just want to have a place for my wife and children to stay. Have the room for one more night, then i guess we will be sleeping in our car. Here it is 6 days since i filed and there are other people approved for rooms from the same area but my claim is still pending.

Thank you again FEMA for screwing first responders. I hope all these politicians are enjoying their nice posch houses and salaries courtesy of my taxes while the ones paying them are suffering.

Review about: Fema Disaster Assistance.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Fema is useless to TAX PAYING CITIZENS!!!!! They do not help at all.

Applied on 9-26-17 and stayed in a pending status for a month. They denied me stating they did not receive domentation that was requested. I uploaded the paperwork 3 times on the Fema website and then faxed the papers. Finally Fema entered the documents into my case after the deadline....i called and I was told they did receive the documents on time but because the lazy worker entered them late I had to file an appeal.

I was then transferred to the most useless woman who said no to all my claims stating that she agreed the wording of the questions was misleading! I said I did not have water or power for a week incurred a lot of costs, lost work etc. She told me to file a claim with my insurance company!!! I said you can't file a claim for hotel cost, gasoline, lost work and food.

She was an Idiot and she then said can I help you with anything else? I said you haven't helped me at all.

Fema is an absolute disappointment, no help and I am out a lot of money with nowhere to turn. Not one single tax dollar I have paid has ever helped me when the need arised!

They have also put me on pending from Harvey and I'm still being screwed. FEMA is the biggest waste of money and worst help that could possibly be given to people in need.

It's a shame.....

it's been 2 weeks since I've filed.... still nothing.